Chicken coop for about 10 Chickens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bwhite28, Apr 2, 2012.

1. bwhite28

bwhite28 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2007
    Southeastern PA
    Anyone have any blue prints or suggestions for building a coop and run for about 10-12 chickens? Some thing inexpensive but get the jobs done! Thanks!

2. cabinonalake

cabinonalake Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2012
    Our chicken coop for 10 hens is 6x4, with a built on automatic feeder and 3 nesting boxes on the inside, a window, and chicken door. I would have made it a bit larger and put the nest boxes on the outside for even more space but we got it off Uncle Henrys VERY reasonably priced! The run I'm building will be appx. 12ft wide by 16ft long and about 3 feet tall with a removable flight netting top.. Next year we plan on building it better by having a larger run, and coop, burrying hardware cloth 1ft in the ground and about 7 ft tall. This year is just the starter, we knew that we were going to add on next year and also build an aviary for the ducks we will be getting as well.[​IMG]

3. chickenmanII

chickenmanII Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    Florida
    If you are planning on 10 you might want to build a coop for 15. I live in Fl. so we don't have to worry about snow and freezing, you can look on byc and find people who live in colder places and see what they do to keep them warm.

4. cabinonalake

cabinonalake Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2012
    We're in maine and we plan on piling the snow around the coop to help insulate it, we've also got the pine shavings and plan to do the deep litter method..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by