chicken coop HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kasiesmith, Oct 30, 2013.

1. kasiesmith

kasiesmith Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2013
    Newbury Park, Ca
    Hello everyone I need to build a coop ASAP and have very little money... What's the best way to build a coop at little cost? I live in California it doesn't get to cold in the winter maybe the low 40's and it doesn't not snow! Help!!!

2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Visit construction site dumpsters, ask your neighbors if their old boards behind their shed are something you could take off their hands....The options are limitless. Put what you're looking for in the search engine above and start exploring the possibilities. :)

3. jsawler

jsawler Out Of The Brooder

my advice? depending on how many birds you have.find an old camper, truck cap , even a boat being trashed. anything can be converted. I've even seen them in magazines with old cars. they put a trailer hitch on them , and simply open the doors in the morning and in the evening , close them. you have a movable coop (tractor) that needs no permit. roll 1 window partially down and put wire cloth over it to keep out predators , and have adjustable ventilation. then build the coop you WANT in your yard. and have the old coop towed away!

4. kasiesmith

kasiesmith Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2013
    Newbury Park, Ca
    Thanks guys for all the idea's, I found a old shed . It will work perfect ..

1 person likes this.
  5. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Post a picture when you get a chance!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by