Chicken Coop Ideas and Pics!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chick2002, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Chick2002

Chick2002 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Hey, everyone! The warm weather is finally starting to set in where I am again, and I need some coop ideas! I will be getting maybe about 3 or 4 hens (maybe more) soon. I think I kind of have an idea and I already have a hen and a roo. So any ideas and pics?

2. DntBrnDPig

DntBrnDPig Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2015
    SE Tennessee
    I'm new here but there are a TON of these threads. If you use the search feature you will find what you are looking for. Good luck with the chickens!

3. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

BYC is not a 'you should google it' place, first off. Each and every question can and should be answered with thoughtfulness and the kindness a new user should receive. So i apologize for the prior response. If fact if one were to read the T&C of the site, it requested that 'old' threads should NOT be used. Answers should be always current with best standard practices. Nothing short of this will do here.

If you know your flock size, and or your space for them, take a look at the coops tab in brown above in the main menu for ideas that might fit your current and or future plans. There are many styles, and they come in many sizes to boot. A few birds in tight quarters might be best served by one of the above ground styles, where food and water can be placed under the floor of the nest box and roosting area. Your coop should have at least four square feet of floor space, per bird you will have, and you might want to add space for those birds down the road you will surely desire. Chickens are a lot of fun and you and yours will enjoy them a great deal.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

[​IMG]

4. DntBrnDPig

DntBrnDPig Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2015
    SE Tennessee
    What could possibly be a better answer then to look through the threads at the numerous threads with almost the same title? There are literally thousands of pictures of peoples coops, ideas, and plans out there that can't possibly be reproduced at every post made.

BYC wants to ignore its prior content? That seems like the exact purpose of a forum like this.. content. Access to knowledge. That's why advertisers pay to put their banner on here. Even the forum has a search bar as the primary focus for the forum template.

I didn't feel like I was, nor was I intending to be, rude to the OP.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by