Chicken Coop in Dog Lot????

Jeff Sledge

Hatching
Jun 3, 2017
I am new to the site as well as raising Chickens.
We just bought a house on 7 acres and are wanting to have fresh eggs everyday. The original owners raised dogs and we have the dog lots (attached pics).
Is this something we should try to incorporate the coop in?
There is a concrete slab through out.
I can build almost anything just looking for some advice on what works and what doesn't thanks much!
1496516142716-1428762515.jpg
14965162434051204368615.jpg

Welcome to BYC!

Agrees that you might spend as much time and money tightening up a chain link enclosure against predators as you would building something new...
....but....
might depend on your climate, if you're in a hot one that kennel would make a good starting structure for an open air coop.

Adding your location to your profile can help folks give better answers/suggestions.

I am new to the site as well as raising Chickens.
We just bought a house on 7 acres and are wanting to have fresh eggs everyday. The original owners raised dogs and we have the dog lots (attached pics).
Is this something we should try to incorporate the coop in?
There is a concrete slab through out.
I can build almost anything just looking for some advice on what works and what doesn't thanks much!
View attachment 1030200 View attachment 1030202
Honestly, I think you'd spend more time modifying that to 'make' it work than it is worth. I'd think about modifying that for a bee enclosure and setting up some hives. Or, disassemble it and use the panels for the chicken run for a coop you build elsewhere on the property.

Back
Top Bottom