Chicken Coop in Process......for 3 years now.....LOL!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dreamcatcherarabians, Apr 21, 2012.

1. dreamcatcherarabians

dreamcatcherarabians Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Stillwater
    We turned an old shed into our chicken coop. First we put in a few roosts and built the egg boxes and added the run. Then we put hardware cloth over the chicken wire after I did some reading on here. Then we fixed a couple of places where a black snake kept getting in to steal eggs. This year, I decided I didn't like the ventilation so we've cut one window and have the materials for a second, just ran out of time. The coop's been started to be painted, now I need to finish it. LOL! We're also redoing the roosts and how we hang our feed & water inside. Will it ever be truly finished? I'm starting to think not. The more I read here the more I learn and the more I learn, the more I want to fix......[​IMG][​IMG]

I had to toss this one in, the chicken upside down in the feeder made me laugh!

1 person likes this.
  2. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    The chicken inside the feed container reminded me of a chicken of mine that always jumped inside the feeder. Crazy chickens! LOL! Love the coop - and looking forward to seeing photos of it when it's finished.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by