CHICKEN COOP KIT

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tailsnfeathers, Oct 29, 2008.

1. tailsnfeathers

tailsnfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Newberry,Fl
    Where can I find a chicken coop kit? pre-fab??..????..any ideas for the not so handy amoung us?

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    They sell some on eBay, but they're pretty expensive. Very nice though. I've been thinking about buying one.

3. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    By the way, how are the chickies? I can't believe how big mine have gotten already!! I think they're going to be moving outside this weekend.

4. Kathy1

Kathy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

http://www.critter-cages.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=85

I
    have this, It is nice for the2 girls I have You could probaly fit 4-6 I would think, but the pen small you have to get down on your hand and knee's to catch one lol, Unless y ou can get them from the coop itself, the top opens up. We made a pve run, for the back door so it increased the area they have to run around safely ( we have hawks) It is nice and easy to put together. Took maybe 45minutes for my son13 and I to do it. If I had the knowledge then that I have know I would have bought a tiny shed.

5. Anny

Anny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Detroit Michigan
  6. tailsnfeathers

Oct 2, 2008
    Newberry,Fl
    Thankyou, I've decided pre fab is to rich for my blood.
    Maybe a playhouse or storage shed.?. Kelly, ,the children are growing, 3 boys, 2 girls. Do you have any more babies?[​IMG]

7. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    My babies are hatching right now!!! 11 out so far and 20 to go!! Want some?!

8. tailsnfeathers

Oct 2, 2008
    Newberry,Fl
    congrats!
    what kind of babies this time?

9. KellyHM

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Hmm...where do I start? RIR, BR, EE, pink eggers, mutts, and last but not least...my BC Marans! Didn't you say you wanted some EEs?

10. tailsnfeathers

Oct 2, 2008
    Newberry,Fl
    You have black copper marans? I want some! What lays pink eggs? I have 2 araucanas, blue egg layers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by