Chicken Coop Mansion

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by matthewprall, Sep 17, 2010.

1. matthewprall

matthewprall Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    This Chicken Coop Mansion Features 6 Nesting Boxes, Roost, Room For 15 Chickens, Human Door, Chicken Door And Much More.

I Will Personally Deliver The Coop Anywhere In The Southeast From Florida To Texas.

Call Me 352-445-3556

2. jjthinkagain

jjthinkagain Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    It's very nice but curious about the dimensions - I have 2 chickens and they are in a bigger house than that and could barely endure 1 or 2 more...JJ

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  3. matthewprall

matthewprall Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2010
    Ocala, Florida
    The coop dimensions are 6ftX6ftX4ft. Horizon structures builds a very similar coop but smaller for $1800.

If you are interested in a bigger coop. We also have the Gingerbread Mansion. It can hold up to 30 full grown birds.

Check out our website http://customcoops.webs.com/

4. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Thanks very much for the info. My standard sized 2 are in a 6 x 4 x 8 house inside a larger building where they can get out and stretch anytime except during the night and during frigid weather. If I added more than a couple more they'd be crowded. For the right number of birds, your coop is quite charming...all the best.
    JJ

5. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    Hi, I think you do incredible work and I really like your coops, but I think the gingerbread mansion at 6 x 8 is way too small to hold 40 chickens as you advertised. I have a 9 x 12 coop and my 20 were fighting like cats and dogs in the wintertime. I have a large run now so they're mostly outside, but I'm thinking of the winter when they'll be inside most of the time (mine are pampered pansies, hee hee). I think the 6 x 8 could hold about 7 perhaps, but no more.

Perhaps you could put some prices for larger ones, like 10 x 12s? I'd love to get another one with all the bells and whistles IF I can afford it. I'm in VA - do the prices include shipping?

Thanks so much, [​IMG]

6. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Required space per bird in the coop is a MINIMUM of 4 square feet per bird. So 6'x6' is 36 square feet. That means maximum of 9 birds. Your coop looks very nice, but wont hold 15 birds. If you crowd them they start pecking each other until they are practically bald! I saw an example of this just yesterday. I went to look at some SLW's and the poor things were nearly naked in areas and had no tail feathers at all! It was so pitiful! The guy had waaay too many chickens in each pen he had and they all were horribly pecked and featherless in many areas.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by