chicken coop/new picturs

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Omran, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hello evrey body,Two months go I had to dissassimble an old dck for one of my customers and I hadto getr of the old lumber,so I decided to take it home withme to reuse it,after I took all the old Nails out,I also had about 90 concrete blocks from another guy gaven to me last summer,So I got my bobcat and doug a little foundation for my chicken coop and with some help of my frieds I got th building framed and finished in about 3 weeks but I hadto doalot of things on my own.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/thumbs/13683_chickens_006.jpg[/img][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/URL]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  2. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    [​IMG] I can't get those links to work.

3. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:I am trying for an hour now to post my pictures can you help me

4. AngelzFyre

AngelzFyre Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2007
    Pell City, Alabama
    Welcome!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You have a great coop and run going there, nice chickens and garden too. [​IMG] When you get a chance, will you post pictures of the inside of your too? Also, what is the top you used on your run, I've got to enclose 2 runs and am getting all the info I can on what everyone's using and what works best for them.
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

5. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:Thank you very much.
    I would like to share more pictures,but I am having problem loading them,may be I will learn how to do so very soon.

6. go-veggie

go-veggie Flew the Coop

Wow, you did a great job! It's a good size too! Looks like you have a great property too!

7. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:I am trying for an hour now to post my pictures can you help me

Looks like you got some of them working now... Do you have a photobucket or shutterfly account? That is what I use to post photos on message board. The accounts are free. and they work really well once you get the hang of it.

www.photobucket.com

www.shutterfly.com

You did a great job on the coop!! Looks like you have lots of wide open spaces there!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  8. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hi there![​IMG]

I'm replying now to answer your question about what I used on the top of the run. I bought 2 large heavy-duty tarps from Tractor Supply store. Then I stretched them over the 2X4 posts and used a type of rope to tie the tarp to the fence and posts.

Good luck with your getting your chickens and making your coup & run! If you have any more questions just ask, and I'll do my best to help with an answer.

Have a great day!'

bet regards,
    Omran.

[​IMG]

P.S. we have 4 cats too; one of them is very interested in the chickens. he goes down everyday -so far- to set next to the pen and watch them; they are looking at him too. it's funny to watch! and it's even funnier that our other 3 cats are afraid of the chickens.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

message 2 reply::
    You have a great coop and run going there, nice chickens and garden too. When you get a chance, will you post pictures of the inside of your too? Also, what is the top you used on your run, I've got to enclose 2 runs and am getting all the info I can on what everyone's using and what works best for them.
    Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Addicted to chickens, and proud of it!
    Happily married to a very supportive hubby,2 awesome home schooling teens, 15 Buff Orpingtons, 1 horse, 1 pony, 5 dogs, 6 cats, 4 koi, 4 goldfish, 2 Oscars/2 Plecos.

9. Omran

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Hey everyone!

Thanks for the nice comments and also the tips on shutterfly.com and photobucket.com for posting the photos. I don't know much about them, but I think my wife can help me because she said she has a shutterfly account. Thanks again.

take care,
    Omran.[​IMG]

10. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Very nice! I love the covered run and especially like that you've put some chairs out there. Chicken watching is one of my favourite things to do. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by