chicken coop remodel in the works (with drawings)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mudpaw, Apr 7, 2010.

1. mudpaw

mudpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    West Point, GA
    I've been milling over what changes to make to my first coop. I had long since decided it was too small for my now slightly larger group of ladies as well as it was just a little blah (among a couple of other design flaws). I had just about decided to start over from scratch, but my hubby said no! LOL I decided to sit down and draw out my plans for the remodel! The "dog house" shaped portion is what I have built now. The rest will be an addition. There are also external nest boxes (6) on the side you can't see in the drawing. (Also, ignore the color-that was just for my reference as I drew it - to keep it organized) What do you all think ? (oh and the new back addition will be 8' x 4' roughly) Also note the LARGE amount of ventilation-I'm in the deep south and we are already in the 90's)

[​IMG] (Click to see larger!) If it's too little let me know and I can post a link of it much bigger :>

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I love it. Just make sure you have access to the run. I wish I was nifty with them programs [​IMG]

3. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    while yours will most definitely be more professional, take a look at our byc page. When we did our remodel we didi something similar

4. SoJoChickens

SoJoChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Fountain Green, UT
    Looks great! What program did you use to draw it? I have been playing with Google Sketchup but I don't like it.

5. mudpaw

mudpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    West Point, GA
    Quote:I just did it with Photoshop elements [​IMG] Just lots of squares/rectangles for the most part :>

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by