Unfortunately it looks like you have no choice but to comply with removal. When city laws and ordinances are broken immediate removal is the usual recommendation and brooks no argument. Its unfortunate this decision was made. You could move again to a home location that will permit you chickens but in every location you will always have to apply first and wait till approved before proceeding. When I applied I nudged my council after a week to determine the decision as told to check back in a week for approval. Mine was signed and returned to me immediately within a week true to the word. There is always someone sitting on council to make decisions. Complaints if not violating the chicken ordinances can fall under nuisance laws as well. I'm so sorry for your position!