Chicken Coops (post pics please-I don't know what 2 do!! :( )

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover210, Feb 19, 2008.

1. chickenlover210

chickenlover210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    the Usa
    I live on a medium piece of land and am looking for some coop ideas science i am an ok designer
    If you could post pics/ideas that would be great
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/coopdesigns.html

There's
    a whole bunch of pics already up on the coop designs page on the BYC site. Check out the link above to get some ideas.

Once you have an idea of what kind of coop is realistic for you, then let us know and we can help you refine the plan.

3. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I always like to show off my coop. The barn looking part is the nesting house and the other "room" is the roosting house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck designing yours. The run that I have off of the side of the coop protects them wonderfully. We do have chicken wire, then horse panels, then electric fence. It's done it's job this far.

4. chickenlover210

Jan 28, 2008
    the Usa
    I like all the designs but i want something thats not to small or too big (thinking medium) could you guys sugest one

5. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    We bought a shed kit, mine is 10x12. You can get them any size. Depends on how many chickens you have. Then you can add what you need... pop door, roosts and nesting boxes.

6. chickenlover210

Jan 28, 2008
    the Usa
    thanks for the input and keep it comin:cdg

7. TransplantedTexan

TransplantedTexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Bear Creek, Wi
  8. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    I built this one myself, I live alone and am retired, It was a little hard but I did it. It is 4x8 just a rectangular box with a couple of openings, that is all they are. I lifted it up to give more of a run space and to help keep them dry in the bad weather

[​IMG]

9. mosier

mosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Madison, Wisconsin
    How many chickens do you want to have?
    My coop, intended for four chickens is here.

10. sunnysidecluckers

sunnysidecluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess it would also depend on what state you live in and what part of the state. I live near the coast of California in the Monterey Bay area and it doesn't get too cold here. The first coop they had was a shed kit from Home Depot. We moved them in to a bigger coop that we made out of a wood frame and fiberglass sheeting. They love it!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by