chicken coops

chickiedo

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 10, 2014
I'm Chickiedo and l'm new to the site. I live in Princeton, Texas and I need help finding a chicken coop for 4-6 chickens. Anyone have any ideas where to find one? I've checked out numerous sites, but worried about quality. Thanks in advance.

Most prefab coops are poor quality and don't have adequate space and ventilation (I currently have one
hmm.png
).
http://www.horizonstructures.com/ This place looks like they have quality coops. They will ship them to you. But a little pricy.
I would suggest building a coop. This way you can customize it to your liking and will probably cost less than buying a prefab. Or if you have an old shed, you can convert it to a coop.
Im just putting some ideas out there.

Thank you for the help. I think I'm going to convert the 12 x 12 covered patio on the side of the house that is never used. Seems to be the cheapest and most obvious thing to do. I agree about the pre-fab. Worried it wouldn't keep the chickens warm enough in the freezing weather either. Thanks again and I will check out the site given as well.

Back
Top Bottom