Chicken COVID?

Fl Granny17

Chirping
Nov 12, 2021
This last month has taken it's toll with both me and my husband getting COVID. We were able to care for our flock and other animals but it was tough ... we do what we gotta do! I saw a news article about pets/animals catching COVID from owners! Does anyone know where I can get reliable EXPERT info? I have a 30 year old cockatoo, other pet birds, a dog and of course my chicken flock (which with the exception of my demon rooster, are friendly and eat treats on my lap) My husband and I are starting to feel better but I hope we haven't risked the health of our animals! Any insight or info appreciated!

This last month has taken it's toll with both me and my husband getting COVID. We were able to care for our flock and other animals but it was tough ... we do what we gotta do! I saw a news article about pets/animals catching COVID from owners! Does anyone know where I can get reliable EXPERT info? I have a 30 year old cockatoo, other pet birds, a dog and of course my chicken flock (which with the exception of my demon rooster, are friendly and eat treats on my lap) My husband and I are starting to feel better but I hope we haven't risked the health of our animals! Any insight or info appreciated!
Thank you to the people that monitor these messages! I never know how to navigate these websites!

Last time I read, covid is a Corona type virus (flu), animals can get Corona viruses but not necessarily covid 19, they might be able to spread it, just like anything else that gets touched. Birds cannot get it or spread it. (According to the cdc, for what that's worth.)
they'll be fine and I wouldn't worry.
Your cockatoo must be doing great to be 30.

Back
Top Bottom