Chicken crack in the crack box

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, May 29, 2008.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I really, realy LOVE my chickens! I've only had them 3 weeks but [​IMG] they have already gotten part of my heart.

I went outside a little while ago to freshen their water, refill their feeder, and change out the dirt in their dirt box -- a cat litter box where they can scratch and dust bathe -- aka, the crack box. [​IMG]

I put the new dirt in the box and found a nice clump of chicken crack, I mean clover, on top. Stuck the box back in the tractor and you would have thought I had just given them 10 million dollars!

First they started devouring the clover. Then they started scratching and finding bugs. Then came the dust bathing. I laughed at them so much as they nearly rolled around in the dirt, flapping and kicking dirt all over themselves. They had such a look of contentment on their faces when they finished their bathing. Finally, they all kind of settled down and did a little sunbathing.

Ah, the life of a loved chicken..... [​IMG]

2. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

bliss......[​IMG]

3. ChickPeas

ChickPeas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Iron Station, NC
    Absolutely. [​IMG] I'm totally in love with my crew. It just thrills me everyday that I have them! [​IMG]

I'm so happy you're enjoying your babies!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by