1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken crack in the crack box

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Robin'sBrood, May 29, 2008.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I really, realy LOVE my chickens! I've only had them 3 weeks but [​IMG] they have already gotten part of my heart.

I went outside a little while ago to freshen their water, refill their feeder, and change out the dirt in their dirt box -- a cat litter box where they can scratch and dust bathe -- aka, the crack box. [​IMG]

I put the new dirt in the box and found a nice clump of chicken crack, I mean clover, on top. Stuck the box back in the tractor and you would have thought I had just given them 10 million dollars!

First they started devouring the clover. Then they started scratching and finding bugs. Then came the dust bathing. I laughed at them so much as they nearly rolled around in the dirt, flapping and kicking dirt all over themselves. They had such a look of contentment on their faces when they finished their bathing. Finally, they all kind of settled down and did a little sunbathing.

Ah, the life of a loved chicken..... [​IMG]

2. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

bliss......[​IMG]

3. ChickPeas

ChickPeas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Iron Station, NC
    Absolutely. [​IMG] I'm totally in love with my crew. It just thrills me everyday that I have them! [​IMG]

I'm so happy you're enjoying your babies!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by