chicken crazy in Alabama!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BigKanKan, Mar 5, 2017.

1. BigKanKan

BigKanKan New Egg

Nov 13, 2015
    Hey everyone! I currently have 4 red star hens, some kind of white hen and a white Legger rooster! My hens are like My babies :) looking to add some silkies to the mix for them to raise some babies. Any advice or opinions?

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, BigKanKan, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! In addition to the link NFC gave you, here are a couple more: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/introducing-new-chickens-using-the-see-but-don-t-touch-method
    And you might touch base with the folks in the Silkies thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/297632/silkie-thread
    and see what they say about integrating Silkies into an established flock. I know nothing of Silkies but have heard they are gentle. That combined with their appearance might make them a target to the other chickens. Hope it all works out! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under BigKanKan [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I too will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by