1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Chicken Crazy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Colored Egg Farmer, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

Well I caught the Chicken Crazy Disease [​IMG]
    I started Owning chickens about 1 year ago. I saved them at my farm and my grandfather said I could keep them. That was only 4. Then I started looking at the internet for chicken and found all these hatcheries. I didn't know there were so many differnet breeds. In Feb. of last year I got 15 Ameraucana (The merry Ameraucana). A few weeks later I got 6 White leghorns from a 4-H project. Well I kept all these chickens and slowly got a few of other breeds. One Barred Rock, One Buff Brama. In January of this year I was given permision to use one of our empty buildings. (My famly is a commercial owns a commercial chicken farm since 1924) I got 650 brown chicks and am going to sell them as cage free eggs. I am already got stores to sell at and don't even have enough to go arround. Well i hope to learn something that i didn't known already. Especially in the area of incubation which I don't know a thing about even though we have atleast 7 cabinet incubatiors from about 50 years ago.

2. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Good Luck to you, sounds like a lot to take on, but you sound like you are more than ready for the challenge!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: