chicken crying?

chickengr

Crossing the Road
9 Years
Dec 29, 2014
greece
today I bought 5 chickens, 2 are supposed to be 10 months old - which I doubht (they are missing some feathers, look they are molting) and one 5 months old - all 3 of them isa brown and 2 white leghorn pullets. when I went to check if they were ok, I found the little one isa brown sleeping at the corner of the coops's floor and the other two isa brown (older ones) roosting. one of them was crying! I promised her that she is going to be happier with me then with the guy who sold her. I do not mind how old she is as long as she is happy and makes me happy!

has anyone seen a chicken crying?

My chicken did what I would consider the chicken version of crying when she was in a lot of pain.

She had major crop surgery, and was on pain killers, but by each morning when she woke up the pain killers had worn off and she was in a lot of pain.

That being said, there were no tears per se. It was just a noise she was making, which sounded like she was whining. I called it 'crying' but it wasn't the same as when people cry.

Regarding your girl: I am positive that my birds have times of great happiness - much like a dog, they wag their tails when the are truly happy! It stands to reason (to me, anyway) that if they can be happy, they can also be sad or lonely.

Spend some extra time with your girl, help her up to roost if she can't get up on her own, and maybe give her a special treat now and then.

All animals take time to adjust to new surroundings and perhaps she is one of the lower birds who does not have a friend in the flock. A new home, when you have no-one to sit with, could be a lonely place. You might need to be her friend for a little while until she settles in.

- Krista

My chicken did what I would consider the chicken version of crying when she was in a lot of pain.

She had major crop surgery, and was on pain killers, but by each morning when she woke up the pain killers had worn off and she was in a lot of pain.

That being said, there were no tears per se. It was just a noise she was making, which sounded like she was whining. I called it 'crying' but it wasn't the same as when people cry.

Regarding your girl: I am positive that my birds have times of great happiness - much like a dog, they wag their tails when the are truly happy! It stands to reason (to me, anyway) that if they can be happy, they can also be sad or lonely.

Spend some extra time with your girl, help her up to roost if she can't get up on her own, and maybe give her a special treat now and then.

All animals take time to adjust to new surroundings and perhaps she is one of the lower birds who does not have a friend in the flock. A new home, when you have no-one to sit with, could be a lonely place. You might need to be her friend for a little while until she settles in.

- Krista

poor chicken, sorry to hear she needed surgery.

my new arrivals are better today, established a new pecking order and happily free range right now. no more tears!

Back
Top Bottom