Chicken Death

ZGore

Hatching
Dec 25, 2021
A couple days ago one of my chickens died suddenly. When I went out to the coop she was twitching on the floor already dead. At first I thought she might be egg bound as there was liquid coming out her vent but there was also white liquid coming out her mouth. It’s freezing this time of year about -5 degrees F. Any ideas on the cause of death?

A couple days ago one of my chickens died suddenly. When I went out to the coop she was twitching on the floor already dead. At first I thought she might be egg bound as there was liquid coming out her vent but there was also white liquid coming out her mouth. It’s freezing this time of year about -5 degrees F. Any ideas on the cause of death?
Age? How was she acting before death? What is there diet? And Mark's left on body? Sorry for your death

Welcome To BYC

Sorry to hear about your hen. Unfortunately, there's really no way to know why she died unless a necropsy is performed.
If you still have the body, refrigerate it and send it to your state lab for evaluation. Another option would be to perform your own informal necropsy to see if there's anything obvious. If you do your own, post photos in this thread and we'll try to help you with what you discover.

Here's a list of labs, so you can find your state https://www.metzerfarms.com/poultry-labs.html

Back
Top Bottom