chicken diaper trouble.

gameboygal12

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
So I finally made a chicken diaper. it's fits perfectly. but my chicken started freaking out and flopping around like she lost her balance! is she just not used to having something on her? will she get used to it? O yea and she's a OEGB hen.

Leave it on her, she'll get used to it. I had the same thing happen a couple years ago when I first put chicken saddles on several of my roosters favorite hens, by the third or fourth day they were used to it.

Kind of reminds me of the first time I put a collar on my Blue Heeler. She started screaming... I mean screaming. Then the rolling started. All over the kitchen, knocking into cabinets. We were laughing, but a little worried. The next day, she was fine with it. Glad to know there might be another show in my future!
big_smile.png
lol.png
big_smile.png

I make diapers for my chickens and have started to make them to sell at Chic Chix Chicken Diapers and what I have found trying many styles on many chickens is that if they roll around and act weird the fit is wrong. The ones I am making now are of lycra and stretchy fleece and I do not use velcro because it is thick and bulky. Mine either button on (adjustable buttonholes and buttons) for chicks and silkies or are held on with an elastic drawstring and cord-locks. Since I have about 50 chickens I have plenty to try them out on and if they don't walk around like nothing is happening there is a problem with the fit, IMHO.

Good Luck, Carol

Back
Top Bottom