Chicken Diapers/It came!!!

SHELLY

Songster
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Southwest Missouri
I was looking at mypetchicken.com to find out about diapers. Has anyone ordered these? Do you ony get 1 diaper or a pack of them? Do you wash and reuse? I've never kept a chicken indoors, but we have a silkie inside in a carrier and have been letting her roam the house this morning. I follow her around cleaning up. Hubby says to make one, but I don't know how. I don't sew either.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm disappointed that no one gave me an opinion. I went ahead and ordered one for $12 plus a stupid $8 shipping. Guess I'll find out the answers to my questions when it gets here.

However, I have been really enjoying watching my silkie roam the house.

Shelly, I didn't order mine from there, but from a BYC member. She does beautiful work. I mainly ordered it in case of any chicken emergencies, so I haven't had to use it yet. I do bring chickens in the house to visit, but we just keep them on the tile floor in the kitchen and off the carpet areas. I have had to use the saddle guard that I purchased from her.

Here's the site if you want to check it out.
(Julie) AKA as 2mnypets

http//:triplemfarmchickens.angelfire.com

You can look her up on the userlist and send her a PM if you have any questions.

Edited b/c I posted 2mnypets site wrong! Ooops!
roll.png

Last edited:
Shelly, I think most people that make their own buy one first, to see how they are made. It's nice to be able to have a spare, when one is in the wash. Some people line them with a plastic sandwich bag and some people use a woman's mini-pad.

There are at least a couple of people making them to sell, as chicken diapers. That basic style of garment has been around for quite awhile for parrot owners and for them, is known as a flight suit.

I hope you enjoy yours!

I ordered mine from 2mnypets and they work great!
They are also super cute - check out Zela stylin
wink.png

2064349658_dafb9a95a3_m.jpg

2064357196_886533882e_m.jpg

Last edited:
Where do the straps go? I can't picture tying something onto a chicken. ???
idunno.gif

It looks like it has a pouch. Is that right?

Thx,
Matt

so part goes under the wing and around the breast and then tied right there by the tail?

2mnypets does beautiful work and she has a variety of patterns to choose from, so you should go check out her site. She is very quick and will customize the saddle guard according to your chicken's size. I'm very pleased with mine. I haven't had to use the diaper yet, but I have used the saddle guard. My chicken got used to it very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom