1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken diapers?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Attack Chicken, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love to bring my chickens inside to let them roam around. One thing is they sometimes leave me presents( not Christmas presents either). They always get anoyed when I don't let them in the house to get warm during the winter months. They like to sit on the couch all cozied up. So if anyone has chicken diapers for sale or has plans I would love to see them. I want to make one to were it fits him:

[​IMG]

2. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
  3. urbanhatch

urbanhatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    New York
    We do not do that in NY LOLOL

4. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    This is only optimal for a few birds. No way I'd spend that much to put the whole flock inside. My husband would be putting me outside with them![​IMG]

5. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    Quote:Let 'em be annoyed, I say. They're chickens, for crying out loud.

Let us know if you're kidding.

Wayne

[edited for spelling]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:There are some very good reasons for having a chicken inside and thus the need for chicken diapers. I myself have brought my runt chicken in from time to time when she's had a hard time coping with the weather, stress, etc. I don't do it all the time, but will do it when she needs my help. If I thought I could put a chicken diaper on her and keep her in all the time without my SO going thru the roof I would.
    My dog is curled up in front of the fireplace right now. The part-time house cat is asleep on my bed. If I could afford a $2,000 african grey parrot it would be in the house as well. What's so different about a chicken?

7. waynesgarden

waynesgarden Feathers of Steel

Mar 30, 2008
    Oxford County
    I've brought rabbits inside to help heal what ailed them. Probably would do it for a chicken too.

Don't think I'd invite the flock in to let 'em be couch potatoes and watch reruns of Three's Company all day.

Wayne

8. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Quote:My wife would put me me on in the coop also [​IMG]

although on a side note if one needed help I would bring him/her back into the heated garage and tend to its needs there....

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] My three babies are just spoiled. I love them to death. Especially Kernal because he almost died when he was a chick because of a stupid kid at school.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  10. BethinIrving

BethinIrving Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2008
    I only diaper the birds I have to nurse. I used modified disposable baby diapers.

Used them on a crippled goose until he got well enough to get around again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by