1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Diapers

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Schultz, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My Jersey Giant roo, Elvis, has been a little rough with the ladies, especially our chicken that is blind in one eye. We have had to bring her in twice now because he has drawn blood on her comb and we don't want the other girls picking at the wounds. I called My Pet Chicken.com and ordered a chicken diaper so I don't have to continue to clean up chicken poo. I must say that Stephaine, the lady I spoke to, was very helpful in answering all my questions and is super nice! I would recommend them to everyone!! Ok, the question is, has anyone here actually used a chicken diaper and is it everything they expected? One of the main reasons for asking is that we have decided to keep her indoors on a permanent basis to avoid anymore injury. She has had a rough life (see my page for details) and we want to make her as happy as she can be. Thanks, Kat

2. FarmerDenise

FarmerDenise Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2007
    Sonoma County
    I had an indoor chicken and used chicken diapers all the time. For the most part they worked very well on that particular chicken. I have tried them on some of my other chickens, some of them just don't get used to them, some manage to keep getting out of them and with some I haven't got the right fit. But it is definitely worth trying, because when it works, it makes life around the house much nicer. Less stepping in chicken poo, makes everyone happier and it is less embarassing when company comes over.[​IMG]

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks denise, Bald E. Chicken is usually up for anthing so I hope this will help the poo issue. She is a really good chicken and deserving of a good life indoors.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by