Chicken Diapers?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Kanchii, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok this might sound REALLY random - but if I were to have one of my hens wander around my house for a few hours a day, I'd want to get a sort of diaper thing so that she doesn't leave fabulous presents all over my carpet. I've seen diaper harnesses for parrots, ect, what do you think I could use (brand/size) for a d'Uccle or a silkie? Thanks!

2. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    there are a couple of websites on this for ducks. can't think of their names. you could probably find specifics for chickens, too, i imagine. maybe google.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

4. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    hey silkie chicken. i cna't find any socks that match. i don't gues you could help with that......... [​IMG]

5. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  6. adoptedbyachicken

adoptedbyachicken Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Just when you think you have seen everything, you open a website page that has chickens wearing diapers, unbelievble!!!! That chicken looks perfectly happy to be wearing that diaper too!! [​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:I know, when you buy new socks. Use color coding and put sharpie colored dots on the bottoms, so when you need to match them up again, you can match up the colors! Or just buy cute socks with pictures on them that are all different! [​IMG]

9. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

great, thanks SO MUCH you guys! Such a big help! <3

10. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by