1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Diapers?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickenbodhi, May 17, 2011.

1. Chickenbodhi

Chickenbodhi Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Anyone have experience with chicken diapers? Good or bad? Do they deform young bird's feathers or clog the chicken's vents? I have two month and 1/2 olds birds, a Jap Bantam and a Sebright. They love to ride on my shoulders but I'm not a fan of chicken poo on my shoulders!

2. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    LOL~ They make chicken diapers!!! [​IMG] .... I may be laughing~ but I don't like poo on my shoulder either!

3. Chickenbodhi

Chickenbodhi Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Yes! They sell them on the "my pet chicken" website (and prob other places, too). I really hope they are alright to use because both my birds and I enjoy our daily shoulder ride. If only I could get them to stop eating my hair while they're on my shoulders!

4. dbounds10

dbounds10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    It you go to the Buy/Sell section of this site, there are folks here that sell them.

5. WhySayWhat

WhySayWhat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Spokane
    Or if you're crafty (and cheap, like me...), you can google "chicken diaper patterns" and get sewing patterns to make your own for a LOT less money. [​IMG] I haven't actually made any yet...I'm saving that one for after my "other" projects are done. [​IMG]

6. tiffanyg2

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:Yeah they eat my hair to!! It kinda tickles....hahaha

7. tiffanyg2

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:That is so cool!!! I never would have thought about it~ I'm going to make some diapers with ribbons and bows! [​IMG] atleast they will be fashionable [​IMG]

8. tiffanyg2

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    Quote:Goodness~ look at the $$$$ for those! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by