Chicken diarrhea...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Kellichick, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Kellichick

Kellichick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2010
    Troutman
    My 18 month old Buff Orpington hen has developed a reddish brown diarrhea in the past week or so. She is eating and drinking well and appears to be otherwise healthy. She lives in a house and run with 5 other of the same breed and she is the only one with diarrhea. I have put buttermilk in the waterers for the past 3 days and it has tightened up the feces just a little bit. What could this be??

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. Kellichick

Kellichick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2010
    Troutman
    Thank you for your response! The food is fresh. I feed layer food in the feeders, plenty of grit and alot of calcium. The only difference in their diet is that instead of cracked corn, I bought cracked corn and wheat for scratch this time. I use DE to worm and dust everything and haven't seen any worms or parasites. She's the only one with the poopie problem and she's in a house and run with 5 others. The poop pix were very helpful. Just upon appearances, it looks like the "Ceacal" droppings, but I still don't know if that's acceptable or not. Only my RIR is still laying right now. It's very cold and not much daylight right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by