1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Diarrhea??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by s-kswenson, Sep 2, 2014.

1. s-kswenson

s-kswenson Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2014
    Oregon
    One of my chickens is drinking lots of water and seems to have diarrhea because it is runny and everywhere. I know it sounds gross... but could you please help???

2. thechxwhisperer

thechxwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2014
    Florida
    Chickens pee, poop and lay eggs out of the same vent. Its great that your hens is drinking lots of water. She probably is just peeing a little more than often.

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    When it's hot, they drink more water, and that is how they try to regulate their temperature.

4. aldarita

aldarita Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2012
    Brenham TX
    All my chickens have very watery poop during the summer. I live in south Texas and it gets pretty hot. I cannot wait for summer to end so they can resume to their normal poop. I clean up their run and roosting boxes every day. Thank Goodness there is sweet PDZ around, I use it in the roosting boxes and scoop the big messes every morning. Just make sure they have plenty of fresh clean cold water at all times and they should be fine.

5. Rocky Rhodes

Rocky Rhodes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2013
    North Georgia Mountains
  6. Elexin

Elexin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2014
    My hen was broody so every now and then we took her out of the coop so she could eat. She let out a rip if a fart and pooped everywhere. She's still here 5 weeks later and with 2 chicks. She improved when we gave her water.

7. chickenlover432

chickenlover432 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2014
    Proud Aussie
    That sounds normal. Different chickens have different poops. My chickens have all had runny poop before, as I said, it's quite normal. If it looks like it has blood in it that's something you should worry about

(-:chickenlover:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by