Chicken Diarrheaa

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by elizabet253, Feb 1, 2015.

1. elizabet253

elizabet253 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2014
    I took in 6 chickens into quratiene. Treated them with ivermectin for two weeks, then treated again. Also was putting petroleum jelly onto their legs once a week. One chicken did end up dying. She rarley laid eggs, laid one when we moved her here. She died after 2 weeks of moving her The rest seem fine but one. I treated them for mites and scaley leg mite. One chicken is having dieahea though, I tried giving them apple cidar vinegar in their water, and now potasium permagante. She's also lethergic. She's the only one having this issue so I'm not sure what's going on or what I should do.

Also, Ive never seen worms in their fecal matter. But I do have a microscope so I could test it if need be. But I don't know if I need to test all their poop or just that one chicken? Would I have to watch her until she goes?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Coccidiosis could be a problem when moving to new ground. Corid or amprollium will treat that, given in the water for 5-7 days. All chickens have worms when theyh are on the ground. Valbazen or SafeGuard liquid Goat Wormer are the better ones to ujse on chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by