Chicken died

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by josh85, Jun 26, 2016.

1. josh85

josh85 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2016
    Texas
    I'm trying to figure out what happened she was fine yesterday went to get eggs this morning and found her dead. Can anyone help me figure out what happened. I'm worried about the rest of my girls

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

Sorry for you loss!

How old was she? Was she laying eggs regularly? When was the last time you got 1 from her? Maybe heat stress in Texas? Could she have gotten into anything toxic?

Pay close attention to the others for any signs that may be subtle. I would even pay attention to the poos. [​IMG]

3. josh85

josh85 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2016
    Texas
    They where hachted around Christmas she hasn't layed yet. She seemed just fine yesterday we did have a pool party and the kids did handle them a few times but I don't know if that would matter the only toxic thing I could think is maybe it's the pool water she might have drank some would that have caused it??

4. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

I doubt that would cause it.

That is kind of a long time not to start laying? What breed?

I read somewhere that chickens that mature as light is increasing (born in winter) they may be more likely to develop laying problems like binding, double yokes, and rubber egg. But I don't actually know it as a fact.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by