Chicken Discipline - funny post

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dixiechick, Nov 30, 2008.

1. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

thought I would share a funny, but true chicken event.

Several months ago I rehomed our Old English Bantam to my father's farm because he was picking on my prized cochin bantam....wasn't mean to any human, he just wasn't allowed to pick on Elvis (see avatar).

Anyway, my dad has a menagerie of standards and bantams and Clyde (the OE) went down there and took over as head of the pecking order, then he would retreat to the back steps of dad's house.

My dad has a strict rule: NO MEAN ROOSTERS. So, as some of his cockerels grew into their testerone selves, one tested his boundaries by stalking and flogging dad...nothing doing, dad went to the tool shed with Clyde following closely behind, took a pipe and WHACK...no more mean rooster. Dad said when he turned around, Clyde goes over and pecks the dead rooster on the head, throws his chest out, and looks at my Dad as if to say "Took care of him for ya, Pops!"

Dad and Clyde are a MESS!!! [​IMG]

2. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    HA! [​IMG]

Roosters make me laugh!

3. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    Too funny! I have a little Red Pyle OEGB that really thinks he's somethin else. Just struts around the farm. LOL I love these little birds!

4. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Thats funny! [​IMG]

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    ha ha mean by association..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by