Chicken discovers my bed is softer than hers.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Kat ZA, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Chicken Kat ZA

Chicken Kat ZA Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    I thought I'd share these clips with you guys: My one chicken (Princess Leia) likes to come in the house (NONE of the others ever dare) and will often sit on the carpet at my feet while I'm working. It's too adorable.

This morning however she felt like exploring. I found her up on my bed having a little look around. She also wanted to log in to her facebook while she was up there, but thought better of it when she noticed I was filming her [​IMG]

The second clip is what she did when she noticed the napping cat. The poor kitty (Hugo) didn't get a sore peck, just a 'curiosity peck' so his reaction is just a fright then massive indignation. You don't see it in the clip, but he gave me the filthiest look once the chicken strolled off. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    That's pretty funny. Hugo thought that "curiosity peck" was a rude awakening indeed. Anyone with a cat knows that look of indignation you describe.

3. Chicken Kat ZA

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    I felt a bit bad for laughing. But his reaction was so disgruntled I couldn't help myself.

4. Ponyfeather

Ponyfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2014
    California
    This is precious. Poor kitty... but it is funny.

5. Chicken Kat ZA

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    The kitty didn't think it was too funny. But it really wasn't a sore peck. He just over-reacted [​IMG]

But you can get some idea of what he thinks of the chickens in the beginning of this vid: He pretty much wears that facial expression every time they're around [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Funny video..thanks for sharing.

7. Chicken Kat ZA

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    Chickens are very amusing pets. (I'm sure it's not just mine ;) ) If you make sure there's always a camera nearby, you can get some pretty hilarious footage sometimes.

8. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Just wondering, I she has free run of house, what about poop.

9. Chicken Kat ZA

Oct 12, 2014
    Joburg, South Africa
    LOL. ah poop. Yes, she is free to run in the house ONLY when I'm around. And poop is actually not really a big problem. I just keep a roll of toilet paper handy. Not that I need it all that often, oddly enough.

10. Ponyfeather

Ponyfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2014
    California
    That is what I do with my house chick, she has even learned to try and keep it to one area. I have diaper for her but the toilet paper is easier on her and me. xD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by