Chicken Diva!

Eve Quirk

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2017
HI, My name is Eve from Plaucheville, Louisiana. Cajun French speaking people live here and we love to cook and party. I run a Nursing business from my home so I have time on my hands. I have been raising chickens for years and two years ago, got into raising quail.
I raise coturnix and have 7 Bob Whites as we speak. I have two silkies, 2 buff orpingtons (SP?), 1 red sussex, 1 cochin, and 3 Barred Rock hens. My Rooster is one of the silkies and my bigger hens have no respect for him. LOL. I have names for them all and know who lays which egg.
My husband made me the cutest chicken coupe equipped with an old chandelier, nesting boxes, roosting posts, etc. I give eggs to my extended family and pickle quail eggs as well. I don't sell the quail eggs because I don't want to commit to keeping people supplied. But I do enjoy giving them to friends and family.
My chickens are spoiled pets!!! The quails live a happy and healthy life but we actually eat them. Poor little guys.
I'm a Nurse, Mom of 6 plus 1 dog, Wife, Business Owner, Domestic Diva Extraordinaire, Quail Egg Pickling, Wine drinking, Chicken Lady. I love reading about other chicken/quail enthusiast and learning from the experts.

:welcome

Hi Eve, it's nice to have you here with us! Your coop sounds great, if you'd like to share a photo, I'd like to see it.

Here's a link to get you to your state thread so you can 'meet' other members in your area (that can be really helpful):Louisiana

Thanks for joining us and thanks for the interesting intro!

:welcome

Hi Eve, it's nice to have you here with us! Your coop sounds great, if you'd like to share a photo, I'd like to see it.

Here's a link to get you to your state thread so you can 'meet' other members in your area (that can be really helpful):Louisiana

Thanks for joining us and thanks for the interesting intro!
I'll have to take some pictures and post them. I'm NOT too savy with computers even though it is 2017!! LOL. But I will certainly share my cute chickies and their coop.

I'll have to take some pictures and post them. I'm NOT too savy with computers even though it is 2017!! LOL. But I will certainly share my cute chickies and their coop.

I hear you on the 'not too savy' bit. Fortunately there are a lot of members here that will help out with anything, including uploading pictures! Give it a try and if you get stuck, someone will be along to offer some help.

Back
Top Bottom