Chicken doing a weird head movement, she isnt sick? whats going on with her?!

Zippy007

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 26, 2012
Not sure if this is supposed to go in the forum as a "chicken behavior" but for the first time today my black copper maran hen was doing this weird neck/nead movement from side to side shes still eating drinking and laying but ive never seen this before and not sure what is going on with her, it was almost too horrible to watch, like her neck was going to fall off! (a bit dramatic i know!) but thats how it seemed, she then stopped and when i was trying to record a video of her to show you on here, she stopped doing it.

What on earth is wrong with her?

Is her movement more slow? Try doing a search and see if you can find any video of wry neck. With this the neck kind of twists and moves like the chicken can't control it. If she does it again then maybe you will get some video.

Its not exactly like that, she goes more side to side than her neck bending straight back but its similiar so i wonder if its early stages of it?
I'll be cleaning them out tomorrow and keep my camera on standby in case she does it and try and video it, hopefully will help diagnose her so i can treat her :(

Its not exactly like that, she goes more side to side than her neck bending straight back but its similiar so i wonder if its early stages of it?
I'll be cleaning them out tomorrow and keep my camera on standby in case she does it and try and video it, hopefully will help diagnose her so i can treat her :(

HI :) hoping you are still active on the site. Did anything ever come of this? Have a 3 week old chick that I have seen do something similar a few times

HI :) hoping you are still active on the site. Did anything ever come of this? Have a 3 week old chick that I have seen do something similar a few times
They've been gone for 6 years.
upload_2019-12-23_8-4-18.png

Best to start a new thread here with the details of your issue.

Back
Top Bottom