1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

chicken down

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cash money, Aug 24, 2014.

1. cash money

cash money Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2014
    We have a young polish rooster that has all most beaten to death by 2 very large jersey giant roosters it ha pend this morning when we were at church

2. cash money

Aug 20, 2014
    He's a wake but is very week and dose not want to drink or eat they all most pulled all of is top hat fethers out need help he's separate at ed what should I do with the 2 jg rooster they have also injured several other of there 3 moth old flock these 2 roosters are the size of my full grown hens all redy

3. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Overrun With Chickens

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    I would put the injured rooster in a dark box or dog kennel. Just let him rest, he may be in shock. He may or may not come out of it.

The others I think might just be too much for your flock, size is a big indicator of pecking order. It might be not a good mix if you have several smaller breeds or birds. And if at 3 months they are as big as hens, well that would be a pretty tender dinner.

Mrs K

4. cash money

Aug 20, 2014
    There in a young group of 36 and one duck and a turkey

5. cash money

Aug 20, 2014
    He's awake and eating and drinking but can't seem to get his feet under him

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by