Chicken drastic change in condition

ChickensinG

In the Brooder
Oct 9, 2021
I have an 11 month old Amber link (supposedly), she is very large about twice the size of my Golden comets and has always wattled when walking. She is dominant and very vocal. Yesterday she wouldn't walk, her leg is stretched out backwards. She didn't cluck anymore, very quiet and has the wing on the same side open some. She doesn't pull away or react when I manipulate the leg. Not sure what to do? Any ideas🤷

Can Mareks be a possibility in your flock?? If it is,, then the rest of your flock most likely has it as well. The vaccine is a good thing,,,, but only if administered properly, and as chick.
There are treatments,,, but I don't have knowledge on those,,, since never had it in my flock to treat.
Lets see what others suggest as treatment.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

I have an 11 month old Amber link (supposedly), she is very large about twice the size of my Golden comets and has always wattled when walking. She is dominant and very vocal. Yesterday she wouldn't walk, her leg is stretched out backwards. She didn't cluck anymore, very quiet and has the wing on the same side open some. She doesn't pull away or react when I manipulate the leg. Not sure what to do? Any ideas🤷
Can you please post some photos?
How long has it been since she laid an egg? Is she pooping?

I would separate her out, work on hydrating her, then see if she will eat. Any lice/mites?

Its the leg that's for this from my glove and in the second picture I ever on their back and the leg is just floppy doesn't do anything. She started talking more and giving more reaction but still unable to stand. The other leg seems fine. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_20220206_145911080.jpg
    IMG_20220206_145911080.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20220206_145942678.jpg
    IMG_20220206_145942678.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom