chicken egg chart with pics please?Nevermind

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by magentamomma, Dec 3, 2009.

1. magentamomma

magentamomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    I want to see a chart that shows eggs and the chicken breeds that lays them. I do not have trap nests so i have no real way of knowing who lays what or how many. Does a chart exist somewhere? Thanks. ok so I just went exploring on this site and I found the egg pics next to every breed [​IMG]I feel like an idiot

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  2. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Don't feel silly! Because I saw your post I'm going to go find it too. I never even thought of it and now I'm curious. I think I know who is layin what (mostly) but it will be fun to see how close their eggs are to what a chart shows.

3. magentamomma

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    The biggest problem now is that mine all lay about the same sheade of light brown. Occasionallyy i have one that is so light as to be pink, and sometimes a darker brown. I would like to eventually have a flock of "rainbow" layers, from dark brown to blue and green. I have an EE that lays a nice olive green egg for me now:weee Anyway, thanks for relying.... I was feeling quite silly

4. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    Egg chart will not help as hatchery chickens usually will lay a mixed lot for any breed. Also egg color will change from day to day going lighter or darker. Only way to tell is sit and watch or trap nest.

5. magentamomma

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    Thanks tamara. Why do hatchery chicks lay a mixed lot? Is it because they are not breed super carefully?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by