1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken egg oddity/deformity

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by PrepperPenny, Mar 8, 2013.

1. PrepperPenny

PrepperPenny Just Hatched

Dec 22, 2012
    Lacey, WA
    This is what my RIR laid today. I have Googled and checked everywhere I know to trying to figure out what this is, and more importantly, if it is dangerous for my girl. She is an 11 month old RIR and has been laying for about 8 weeks. Her eggs are normally perfect. There has never been any type of problem and she seems as absolutely healthy as ever. I gave her a visual look for any types of abnormal breathing symptoms, respiratory, eye, and vent. She really is completely normal. Please. What the heck is this? Here is a photo I took just yesterday. She's perfect! [​IMG] ~Thanks for your help. Penny~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
  3. PrepperPenny

PrepperPenny Just Hatched

Dec 22, 2012
    Lacey, WA
    That seems to be exactly what is was! It's actually a relief that is doesn't seem to be cause for much concern. I will, however watch her closely and learn all I can about it. daug53, I can't thank you enough. I was really, really fretting about this. I just got back in from checking her again. She's doing just fine! Yay! Thanks a million. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by