Chicken egg swap

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by BellLisamo, Mar 23, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Ok we have a waterfowl one, a designer egg one, and a crazy egg chain (where everything is welcome), but can we make just a chicken egg one???

Anyone?

Any ideas? Is there something else i missed? (im still new to this!)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
  2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Are you meaning no waterfowl or only standard chickens, something along those lines?

3. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:Just chickens. Dont care if they are pure (theres a pure egg chain) or "designer". Just chickens, any kinds. Is there one like that yet?

4. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not really sure. I wish you luck though, we have done a few auctions and swaps and really had fun!

5. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    I would think it would go over, I just don't know if anyone with pure eggs would want to get mixed ones in return. Also, are you talking a swap, or a chain? I think a swap would be really fun, but it would have to have ending dates, to get all the names together and organized.

Also, some of us without hatchers have trouble getting eggs together for a specific date, to go in the incubator at the same time.

6. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:I was hoping for a chain. For example, heres my situation... I have no pure eggs right now. (besides one polish hen and polish roo) so i couldnt offer but 2 to 3 eggs depending on if she lays or not. So i cant participate in the purebred swap. =o(
    Soooo i get to watch the auctions, and the "designer" egg swap and hope for what i want, BUT then again no one will probably want my eggs cause they are sooooo wierd of a mix. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
  7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What kind of eggs are you looking for? Maybe someone can help out??

8. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    As soon as I can be sure of fertility I'll swap a few eggs with ya. I have black Astroloup roos with BA, BO, RIR, WO, and two EE hens. No ones really laying right now so it might be a little bit, but I would love to have a few polish eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by