Chicken egg update

Astrx

Chirping
Mar 22, 2021
2 days ago a chick hatched and fell of the nest and the hen went down with the chick and left the eggs so I put her and all the eggs with the chick in a cage and she sat on them but today in the morning some were a little cold and she wasn’t sitting on them anymore so I took out a incubator I bought a long time ago that I never used because I wanted them for goose eggs to hatch but couldn’t use it and today I placed the eggs on it and I have no idea how to use a incubator but it’s keeping the eggs warm so I think it’s working and 2 little eggs are breaking it shell! You can see the little tiny holes they did so hopefully more will hatch soon.And I did use a flashlight to see inside the egg and you can see some movement in some of them! :)

TheOddOneOut

Debonair 🙄🤚
Premium Feather Member
Feb 15, 2020
Home
Make sure you have a way to keep the chicks warm after they hatch.
The hen stopped caring for her eggs because you moved her. That’s a bit of an amateur move.

Astrx

Chirping
Mar 22, 2021
Make sure you have a way to keep the chicks warm after they hatch.
The hen stopped caring for her eggs because you moved her. That’s a bit of an amateur move.
We waited about 8 hours for her to get back to her eggs but never did probably because it was to high up and so we moved her to the cage but we decided to take the eggs and put them in a incubator we bought a long time ago but never used.All eggs except 2 hatched on the 28th :)

Top Bottom