Chicken Eggs DAY 32, NEW DEVELOPMENT and 1 LOOKS READY TO HATCH??? RARE eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Aquabubblez13, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Aquabubblez13

Aquabubblez13 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2013
    I had ordered 6 rare Ayam Cemani CHICKEN eggs online and after letting them settle for 24 hours and running the

incubator, I put them in. The temperature stayed at 99.5 with barely a couple spikes, but not bad and long enough to

do anything. I'm using the dry incubation method which gives very high hatch rates, so the humidity is around 40-50.

I candled on day 5 and not even one egg had veins or visible development. Same with day 7, and 10 and day 17...

On day 18 I was supposed to stop turning the eggs but unfortunatly, I couldn't turn them until day 21... So I stopped

the turner and left the eggs in the turner since they had gotten into their hatching positions like that (hopefully).

Still, none hatched. A week went by and STILL nothing!!! But on day 28 I candled them and I saw development! 2 out

of 6 eggs were clear. The other 4 had visible changes! 3 of them now have veins developing and an embryo and I

even saw movement. And the other chick looks very big like it could hatch anytime... I'm just worried they died at some

point though... I'm wondering if I should gently open the egg that has the big chick inside and see if it's alive and I can

help it. Should I? I never saw development or even veins until around day 28!!! Everything's the same, same flashlight

same room, same everything! The development is continuing, each time I candle I see change!? It is day 32 and today

that one egg with the chick in it looks bigger and ready to come out...??? HELP!

What should I do???

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. chickster5003

chickster5003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2013
    This is the craziest thing I have ever heard!

3. edahcsmac

edahcsmac Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2014
    Pa
    that is just weird! but very cool!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  4. sdwhippets

sdwhippets Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2013
    Any news on this situation?

5. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    How'd it turn out? I'm very curious!

6. edahcsmac

edahcsmac Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2014
    Pa
    Did it hatch?

7. ErniesFlock

ErniesFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Was this a joke? Were they mutant space chickens maybe? I always thought forced air incubation gave the best yield? How the hell could they not start developing until day 21?? :duc

8. gilchicken

gilchicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2014
    San Bernardino
    So what happened? .. did they hatched? .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by