Chicken eggs

washjosh

Hatching
Feb 20, 2016
Hello I'm just after some advice please , I'be got a chicken egg that's on day 25 still no pip I've read a few different things some say it will have died others saying they can go 25+days can anybody advise me please

Hello I'm just after some advice please , I'be got a chicken egg that's on day 25 still no pip I've read a few different things some say it will have died others saying they can go 25+days can anybody advise me please
Hi Josh.

Did you have other eggs that hatched already? If it's way later than the others, it may be bad. If it's your only egg, then your temps might have been low and the hatch is late. But at day 25, there is a low chance of a healthy chick catching. (But still a chance.)

What does it look like when you candle?

Hi Josh.

Did you have other eggs that hatched already?  If it's way later than the others, it may be bad.  If it's your only egg, then your temps might have been low and the hatch is late.  But at day 25, there is a low chance of a healthy chick catching. (But still a chance.)

What does it look like when you candle?

Hello sorry for late reply and thanks for your quick response hmmm the chicken egg started to crack and after a while fluid was leaking when I opens the lid the smell was unreal
1f61e.png
The egg was bad very bad ... I had another hatch but later died
1f61e.png
I have cleaned out the bator and left on to settle ... And added my next batch I am fairly new to this I've had a successful hatch of one
1f425.png
Quail ... I'm just wondering if my temp is right the thing is everyone has. Different opinion my temp is at 38-39c is this ok ? Thanks in advance jolene

have you candled yours yet ? My ones that I did have something grow in had a black spot but I could see it moving about very slightly...

Back
Top Bottom