Chicken enrichment "toys"

freddiethedog

Chirping
Mar 15, 2016
I picked up a mini desk drum kit for $5 and put it in the run. I know the video is wonderfully bad, but I thought it was funny. BUT now I'm thinking they need a piano. Anybody know where I can get an old fashioned toy piano? Something without batteries? I haven't had luck finding anything online.

Here is the vid with chicks and their drum set.

-Best,
Chris

Those chickens have absolutely no Rythm, how do they expect to get to the finales if they can't even hold a beat? And don't even get me started on their singing! :rolleyes: tut tut tut

I agree. That was just freaking chuckleatious! Maybe I teach all young cockerels to play my electronic drum set. We have guitars and Ukes also but I think they would have trouble with chord fingering using their toes and holding the guitar at the same time.

lol.png
Very cute!

Haha omg cute!!! Here's a photo of a plastic but durable piano you can pick up at a Target or Walmart. If you want something more heavy-duty with more keys, there's a solid wood piano from a company called "Melissa & Doug, " retailing for around $65. Because of your post, I think I'm getting one now for my pet turkey
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
Great idea!!!

You could make chicken sized agility courses(like for dogs) for chickens. Someone had a video on youtube where her hen does a slow but accurate course with no food bribes. It is really cute to watch. If you have the time and patience I imagine you could get them to do most anything.

Back
Top Bottom