Chicken enrichment "toys"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by freddiethedog, Jun 25, 2016.

1. freddiethedog

freddiethedog Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2016
    I picked up a mini desk drum kit for $5 and put it in the run. I know the video is wonderfully bad, but I thought it was funny. BUT now I'm thinking they need a piano. Anybody know where I can get an old fashioned toy piano? Something without batteries? I haven't had luck finding anything online.

Here is the vid with chicks and their drum set.

-Best,
    Chris

2. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Those chickens have absolutely no Rythm, how do they expect to get to the finales if they can't even hold a beat? And don't even get me started on their singing! :rolleyes: tut tut tut

3. microchick

microchick Overrun With Chickens

I agree. That was just freaking chuckleatious! Maybe I teach all young cockerels to play my electronic drum set. We have guitars and Ukes also but I think they would have trouble with chord fingering using their toes and holding the guitar at the same time.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Very cute!

5. mjbws

mjbws Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2016
    Haha omg cute!!! Here's a photo of a plastic but durable piano you can pick up at a Target or Walmart. If you want something more heavy-duty with more keys, there's a solid wood piano from a company called "Melissa & Doug, " retailing for around $65. Because of your post, I think I'm getting one now for my pet turkey [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Great idea!!! [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could make chicken sized agility courses(like for dogs) for chickens. Someone had a video on youtube where her hen does a slow but accurate course with no food bribes. It is really cute to watch. If you have the time and patience I imagine you could get them to do most anything.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by