Chicken Enthusiasts in Bogalusa, LA!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ataraninja1, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ataraninja1

ataraninja1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2014
    Hi, we are a small hobby farm located in Bogalusa, LA. Currently living on a 1 acre plot, we are cramped for space but we offer a wide variety of breeds. We focus on large fowl chickens with plans to raise a barnyard mix silkie flock just for fun as well as an Ayam Cemani flock so we can feel rich. :p

Our currently available breeds are: Buff Orpington, Delaware, Cuckoo Maran, Easter Egger, and Brown Leghorn. We have a trio of Silver Laced Wyandottes that we hope to expand in 2015. Also, we plan to experiment with breeding our own Red Sex Links and Black Sex Links to sell.

I am literally obsessed with rare and unique breeds much to everyone else's dismay (since the crowing becomes excessive after a bit). I am constantly finding new breeds that I want to try or seeing hybrids that I want to make for myself. The possibilities are endless and no matter what there will never be enough room to do all the things I want to do. But with luck and a bit of investing, we will build ourselves a successful homestead where we can live happily with our birds, bunnies, and other animals!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - would love to see some photos of how you have managed your small space to accommodate everyone

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some wonderful breeds. I've had Black and Red Sex Links for years, and have bred some of my own. It is a fascinating endeavor. What parent breeds do you plan on crossing for your Black and Red Sex Links? Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

4. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    When you have 20 posts, you can advertise your birds in the BYC buy-sell-trade forum.

1 person likes this.
  6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you decided to join us.

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

That is the fun part about keeping chickens. You can add to your flock with all these exotic breeds and have so much fun doing it!!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] We're glad you joined us!

It sounds like you have a wonderful flock!

9. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by