Help! I cannot find anything comparable to what her eye is doing? Any ideas?

Anhurst29

In the Brooder
May 24, 2022
I need some insight as to what I need to do. We came back from vacation and little lady had her eye closed so I did some research on here. Flushed her eyes. Started applying topical antibiotic. She still keeps it closed for the most part so I know it still hurts. I'm thinking she may have got something in her eye that caused a Infection. No respiratory issues.

Attachments

• 20220811_075123.jpg
    20220811_075123.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 12
You're right something caused her to go blind in that eye. You can check by bringing your finger to her eye and see if the pupil will dilate. Doesn't look like anything is swollen... Maybe glaucoma?

Can you get opthalmic eye gel made by vetricyn? You can also put Neosporin on her eye ( without pain reliever).

That looks like you caught the third eyelid (the nictitating membrane) covering the eye in the picture. It blinks occasionally, and it may be partly seen sometimes. Can you take another picture?

That looks like you caught the third eyelid (the nictitating membrane) covering the eye in the picture. It blinks occasionally, and it may be partly seen sometimes. Can you take another picture?
She keeps it closed ill see if I can get another picture of it when I get home

Back
Top Bottom