Chicken falling over, green poo

Sjmel

Hatching
Sep 19, 2017
Hi I have two plymouth rock chickens, about 18 months old. One has lost weight, her crest has faded in colour, she's weak, walking slowly, falling over occasionally and has green poo all over her backside. The other chicken is fine.
They both roam the garden freely and eat an organic chicken mix. I have seen her eating and drinking still but not sure how much. Any ideas on how i cam help her would be great!

Are they starting to molt and grow new feathers? Hens during molt around 16-18 months and yearly thereafter, may stop laying and develop a pale comb. I would clean any with soiled vents, put some probiotics in the water or use a little plain cultured yogurt in the feed, such as a mixture of wet feed, a little egg, and a little yogurt. Green poop can be from not eating enough. Make sure they are eating a balanced chicken feed and getting plenty of clean water. A vet may check some fresh droppings for worms or coccidia.

Are they starting to molt and grow new feathers? Hens during molt around 16-18 months and yearly thereafter, may stop laying and develop a pale comb. I would clean any with soiled vents, put some probiotics in the water or use a little plain cultured yogurt in the feed, such as a mixture of wet feed, a little egg, and a little yogurt. Green poop can be from not eating enough. Make sure they are eating a balanced chicken feed and getting plenty of clean water. A vet may check some fresh droppings for worms or coccidia.
Thanks Ill try all of this. She has lost some feathers on her belly and head.

She has lost weight, yes. No she's not laying properly. Ill check her keel bone. Thanks.
So her keel bone does look more pronounced than the other chook's but Im not sure if that's because she's lost weight. We're fairly new to having chickens!
She has lost weight, yes. No she's not laying properly. Ill check her keel bone. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom