Chicken feather `cold` variety..

GhettoRoo

Songster
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Labdien!
Hope I kinda write right in Title.

So my question is: How much chicken can change a heat in her feathers, by self.. u know, with those air pockets.
for example: If inside is -5C degree, and outside is -10C then they aint gona really feel the difference...
Im thinking about what a difference I can change in coop vs outside.. If I let them out in winter.
Guess it isnt good if coop is -0 degree and outside is -20.. ?

Just a random pic.. 4fun

Under what temperature chickens can get frost bite? Or in how long time under low temperature.

You shouldn't vary the Temperature for them it will be like giving them chills a 20 degree difference is too much. Try to keep the temp difference lower than 7 degrees max to ensure bird health

Under what temperature chickens can get frost bite? Or in how long time under low temperature.

Frost bite isn't just about the temperature - it requires moisture. A well ventilated coop with proper control of moisture sources (chicken waste, waterers, etc) can reach extremely low temperatures and still not put the birds at risk of frost bite. The breed will also play a part as those with large combs (leghorns, as an example) are more at risk to damage from frostbite than those with small combs)

As to temperature variance - as long as you are not heating the coop, the natural temperature difference between inside the coop and outside will never be so great as to cause concern regarding the birds moving in and out at will.

Im aint gonna heat my coop by heat lamps, radiators etc.
But the difference for my coop is, if outside is -10C, then inside is +5C
I think its would bee good if tempereature un coop hold -5C -0C, mby even -10C when outside will be -20C till -30C...
I would let them out according to in what temperature they can get frostibiten..

Back
Top Bottom