Chicken feather loss and pinky irritated skin, seems to be spreading?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by bbt, Jun 17, 2010.

1. bbt

bbt New Egg

Jun 17, 2010
    I have 3 chickens, it started with one losing feathers and then going a bit pink now the other two seem to have picked it up. They seem to be ok in health, nothing has really changed... They eat mixed corn, everything in the garden (grass plants etc) and just treats now (bread pasta etc). They always have fresh water and a clean coop. I have noticed one or two mice near by could they have caught something from them?
    I checked for lice, couldnt see anything or any white eggs, I put louse powder on anyway incase (this was 3 weeks ago) they are still the same if not progressing worse. I have had them in for a cleaning day, warm water on the bare skin but nothings helped.
    I would like to sort it out before it gets anymore uncomfortable for them any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. kathyinkyle

kathyinkyle New Egg

Jun 17, 2010
    Hello there, I have a black Americana Rooster who has lost feathers under both wings and on both of his upper thighs. You can't see it unless he is airing his wings out or stretching. I don't have an answer, but I do have the same question as you. Maybe together we can get an answer.
  3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    The only thing that I could guess at is they could be moulting!!

And [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by