Chicken Feathers

Teabone

Chirping
Jun 11, 2017
I have 5 Bantam chicks that are 5 weeks old and I am going to move them from a box in my garage to the coop I built for them. One is a Barred Rock the others are Seabights. The Barred Rock is larger that the Seabrights and seem healthy. I say seems healthy, the Seabrights are about fully feathered but the Bared Rock has some feathers but still is at least 50% fuzz. Attached are two pictures of it, at first I thought it was a hen but from the little comb started makes me think it may be a rooster. The chicks were hatched 6-14-2017.

Attachments

• DSCN0501.JPG
    DSCN0501.JPG
    490.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0502.JPG
    DSCN0502.JPG
    423.5 KB · Views: 10
Comb says cockerel, but feather pattern says pullet. Can you show close up of side view of face including comb, and can you show close up of legs, including front of shanks? Give it 2 more weeks!

Comb says cockerel, but feather pattern says pullet. Can you show close up of side view of face including comb, and can you show close up of legs, including front of shanks? Give it 2 more weeks!
Thank you for the response, I just moved them to the coop this morning so I will try to get a picture tomorrow. Good to know the fuzz is normal.

Back
Top Bottom