Chicken feces is runny

Kawa99

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have around 30 chickens and most of them drop runny faeces and they are yellow in colour. One of them is dying and has lost almost all muscle mass. I have taken her to the vet, they told me that she has Cocci. Many of my chickens have stopped growing and are stuck between being a chick and a fully grown chicken, while some of their siblings started to lay eggs 2 two months ago. Some of them have mites and are lethargic, I have used sprays and drops prescribed by vets but the mites still haven't gone away.

Does having runny yellow faeces indicate that the chickens have cocci? what else could be wrong with them?
r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

Watery stools can be a symptom of coccidiosis. If your vet says that’s what it is, why do you not believe her? I would start them on Corid immediately and get some permethrin spray for the coop. They are probably very anemic from the internal and external parasites they are suffering from (coccidiosis is a protozoan parasite and needs to be starved of vitamin b, which is what Corid aka amprolium does).

Watery stools can be a symptom of coccidiosis. If your vet says that’s what it is, why do you not believe her? I would start them on Corid immediately and get some permethrin spray for the coop. They are probably very anemic from the internal and external parasites they are suffering from (coccidiosis is a protozoan parasite and needs to be starved of vitamin b, which is what Corid aka amprolium does).
Thank you for your recommendation. I definitely believe her, the reason why I posted this is because I only could take two of them to the vet and was not sure if the others have it too because they look healthy relative to the two sick chickens. Thank you for recommending the spray for the coop, I didn’t know about that.

Thank you for your recommendation. I definitely believe her, the reason why I posted this is beca I only could two of them to the vet and was not sure if the others have it too because they look healthy relative to the two sick chickens. Thank you for recommending the spray for the coop, I didn’t know about that.
Of one has it, chances are they all have it. Even a completely healthy chicken will not be affected by Corid; you definitely want to out the whole flock on it. Cocci spreads like wildfire - if you’re doing powder offer it in their drinking water and as their only source of drinking water to insure they get it. And again, don’t worry. Even if you have unaffected birds they will not be harmed by Corid.

I have started putting diclazuril in their water as the vet recommended, is it going to help them? I don’t know if I can find Corid here.

Of one has it, chances are they all have it. Even a completely healthy chicken will not be affected by Corid; you definitely want to out the whole flock on it. Cocci spreads like wildfire - if you’re doing powder offer it in their drinking water and as their only source of drinking water to insure they get it. And again, don’t worry. Even if you have unaffected birds they will not be harmed by Corid.
Wow. Typos - sorry, I was at work!

Back
Top Bottom