1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken Feces Issue...I think

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by newgoatgirl, Feb 28, 2014.

1. newgoatgirl

newgoatgirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    Hi everyone!

We have had chickens for about a month now (3 regular size hens and 2 bantam hens).One of them started pooping stinky orange colored feces. We have continued feeding them the same as what they had at their last farm (organic pellets). They are technically free range but with the snow haven't left their coop much. Should I be concerned about this poop? All the chickens are acting normal and laying very regularly (except the banties who haven't started laying yet).

Thanks in Advance!

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    1 person likes this.
  3. newtoallthis

newtoallthis Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2014
    Central, FL
    Welcome to BYC! :)

4. newgoatgirl

newgoatgirl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    Fabuous! I LOVE that there is an actual poop chart. Thank you to both of you :)

1 person likes this.
  5. MissMurder

MissMurder Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014
    So I've been in various threads, but for some reason, when I click the poop chart link, I can only see 2 or 3 of the pictures. The rest just show a photobucket logo. Am I doing something wrong?

6. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Dang, you're right. That is a shame. That was such a helpful tool for so long.

I found a person's blog with the same pictures: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  7. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

8. MissMurder

MissMurder Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2014

9. cjpines

cjpines Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Placerville, CA
    This poop chart is great. My chicken, Ariabelle, as you may have been reading is still sick. I looked on your chart and so far hers is normal. Thank you for the chart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by