chicken feces

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by MonicaAndHer6, Sep 6, 2013.

1. MonicaAndHer6

MonicaAndHer6 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2013
    Today my mom said she was worried about having poopie eggs.! yuck if chickens eat there own feces how does this effect our consumption>?

2. ChickenJerk

ChickenJerk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2012
    If she is concerned about this she should use the inexpensive supermarket eggs which are produced in an environment where the hens are separated from their feces.

3. gootziecat

gootziecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2007
    Hampshire Co, WV
    This all seems to be a moot point to me since chickens lay eggs and poop from the same place.

4. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    So true. But at least the supermarket eggs are dipped in a harsh chemical solution designed to remove the chicken poop and kill any no-see-ems that remains on the egg after it is collected. This is not done so much to protect our health as much as it is to render the eggs more marketable to the average housewife or other final consumer by de-pooping your breakfast cackle fruits.

Of course Organic Vegetables of every type, flavor, and color are also fed huge amounts of the same raw chicken poop and popular culture calls it "HEALTH FOOD" me thinks that this is also a moot point because we strain to swallow a cooked natural egg on the one hand but on the other we eagerly wolf down raw veggies grown in fields covered with chicken feces. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Tongue in cheek: Buy your mother a new frying pan and then help her learn how to use it. [​IMG] Besides being handy to keep dad in line, a frying pan also makes a nifty health devise.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  5. Krazzy

Krazzy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2013
    Indiana
    i would suggest that your mom do some research on the food industry. there are much bigger evils out there. =)

6. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Whose chickens eat their own feces? Mine don't. (as far as I know...)

7. ghostwolf211

ghostwolf211 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    Ringtown, Pennsylvania
    I work in a distribution center for a high end supermarket chain in the North East....Make sure you wash your food before you eat it...If you could see what i've seen....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by